A pathway to opportunities for the local Indigenous community
Designcraft Mura P/L is an exciting new Australian furniture company established in 2018 to provide commercial furniture clients with an exceptional range of high quality Australian and international furniture and fitout products anywhere in Australia.
The Directors of Designcraft Mura are confident that their new entity, working in partnership with Designcraft Furniture will be able to provide exceptional employment opportunities for Canberra Indigenous community coupled with an outstanding level of customer service for clients looking for high quality furniture and fitout.
The word Mura means ‘pathway’ in the local Ngunnawal language and one of the guiding principles of Designcraft Mura is the establishment of a mechanism to providing a pathway to opportunities for the local Indigenous community.
To achieve these goals the directors of Designcraft Mura have agreed to the following corporate goals over the next 12 months
- Incorporating new Indigenous sourced or designed company products into our furniture portfolio.
- Employment of Indigenous individuals as a cabinetmaking apprentices or trainees.
- Employment of an Indigenous person(s) in a furniture sales or administrative role.
To achieve these goals the directors of Designcraft Mura have pledged that 50% of any net profits earned will be used to fund vocational staff training and outreach to the local Indigenous community. This support for the Indigenous could include among others:
- Wage support for Indigenous apprentices.
- Living away from home allowances.
- In-house training programs and external scholarships
- Purchase of tools and equipment for Indigenous staff.
- Engaging an Indigenous designer to designer a range of furniture products.
- Hiring of Indigenous sales or administrative staff.